Our focus on sustainability in the fashion industry…
I am passionate about creating a capsule wardrobe for myself and my clients. Keeping to a colour palette that suits and building on that as a base. I do wear the same clothes that I love on repeat, and I am super proud of it.
As a fashion stylist, I feel pressure not to post on Social Media in the same outfit more than once. It’s absolutely crazy as it goes against everything, I believe in. I love that the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton has paved the way and has become known for wearing her favourite outfits on multiple high profile occasions.
Sustainability in the fashion industry, has become a hot topic. We know that fashion is the second biggest polluter on this planet after oil. We also know that one person can’t change the worlds environmental issues.
We would like to share some tips and tricks on how to shop consciously and be more mindful making more sustainable fashion choices:
· Shop your own wardrobe. On average we only wear 20% of our wardrobe 80% of the time. Really use and love what you already have.
· Ask yourself when making a purchase “Do I really need this?” or “Will I ever wear this”. We encourage you to shop with a list. If it’s not on the list, then do your REALLY need it?
· Buy investment pieces that you really love. Buying once and buying well will give your garment a longer life span therefore giving you a more sustainable purchase overall.
· Look at renting clothing for an event rather than making a one-off purchase on a garment you may only wear once.
· Give your old clothes a new lease on life by mending, repairing or up-cycling good quality clothing.
· Launder your clothing with care to extend the life cycle of your garments.
· Swap clothing with your friends. Sharing clothing is a great way to breathe new life into your wardrobe.
· Buy second hand pieces. Buying preloved clothing, improves the sustainability of a garment. The second hand market is becoming one of the largest growing markets in the fashion industry. Studies are showing that by 2022 the second hand market will be bigger than the luxury market.
Join me in being PROUD of being seen in the same outfit more than once. Let us at STYLED BY JADE & Co help make you, make more mindful and sustainable fashion choices.
BOOK your Personal Styling service today.